Children of Grace
Children’s MinistryChildren are of great importance at Grace Lutheran Church. We have a high value to encourage faith development within the home. We try to support, encourage, and empower parents in fostering faith in Jesus within their family.
Wonders of Worship: Tuesdays, 3:30pm in the choir room. Choir and youth praise band for kids through middle school age. Children’s Music Director Colin Tidwell makes singing and/or band practice fun!
Confirmation: Wednesdays at 3pm. Youth explore the Christian faith in this lively class run by the Youth & Family Director Lisa Skelley and Pastor Jim.
Summer Vacation Bible Camp: A week long camp for children age 4 through 5th grades is conducted each summer, with a different theme each year. Both neighbors and members’ children are welcome, and parents are invited to assist to make this a wondrous time for young minds and hearts! See our HOME PAGE for other fun summer camps.
Suggestion for Parents
- Listen to your children when they want to talk
- Accept your child’s feelings, tell them you care
- Empathize with your child
- Express yourself openly
- Be patient
- Be tolerant of changes
- Provide opportunities to engage in physical activities and art projects
- Read scriptures as a family and pray together
- Remember the 4 keys to faith formation at home
- Caring conversations- how are you feeling?
- Rituals & traditions- light a candle during prayer
- Family Devotions- Read Mark 4:35-41
- Family service- participate in church projects